Monday, February 10, 2014

Frozen Birthday Party

Ok!  So I finished up London's Frozen themed birthday.  We were originally planning on doing a party just at the house like all the parties we've done before... but then we suggested having cake outside the theater, then going and actually watching the Frozen movie with all of her buddies!  She was very excited (imagine lots of squealing)!  This idea was genius because it cut out a lot of stress and planning on my end. 

For the cake we just purchased a cake from Vons, it was a "snowboarding" theme, and I asked them to leave off the snowboarder, and when we picked it up I quickly added "Frozen" figures.  I got the figures at Walmart from a "busy book" that they sell (comes in Frozen, Princess, Disney fairies, etc...)

I decided to focus mainly on the favors since that'd be the thing going home with all her friends.   So here are my Anna/Elsa flip dolls:
Anna / Elsa flip doll

Anna / Elsa Flip Doll
 


This was the most enjoyable birthday party for me.  I literally had no stress and I got to enjoy celebrating with my kiddos!   London and the 5 other girls that joined her also had so much fun watching the movie and dancing outside the theaters... and inside the theaters... I apologize to anyone who may have been in our theater and had a live musical performance from 6 preschoolers! 

One thing I would have done differently (courtesy of my sister's creativity):  Purchase a bag of the "fun sized" m&ms and then make and attach little tags that said, "London is celebrating her 5th birthday.  We apologize in advance for any extra noise.  Enjoy your movie and a little treat from London!"  then pass out the m&ms to the movie theater goers who were in the same theater as us in the seats surrounding us.

5 comments:

  1. Did you follow a pattern for the flip doll???
    I love that it's so simple/classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if so..would you mind sharing? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are precious! I want to make these for my two daughters, that way they can't argue about which sister they want...they can each have both! I would love to know where you got the pattern or I would purchase it from you if you created it yourself! My email is marymonsta@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did create the pattern myself. I know you could probably search for a "topsy turvy" doll pattern and just modify the colors, pattern, hair, etc to look like Anna & Elsa.

    Also, I know they currently have Anna/Elsa flip dolls at the Disney store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply!!
      If you're at all interested in sharing your pattern (or selling it!)...I would LOVE to speak with you. Yours is by far the most unique & beautiful. I've done extensive online searches and just keep coming back to yours ;)
      The Disney ones are not great :(

      Delete